Headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, GSH and its group of companies is one of the largest helicopter operators in Canada.
Discovery Mining Services is a mining service and expediting company serving the needs of companies operating throughout Canada.
Air Tindi operates a diversified fleet of fixed-wing aircraft and offers air ambulance, tourism, cargo transport, charter flying and scheduled service across Canada’s north.
Discovery Air Defence Services is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Discovery Air Inc.’s Class A common voting shares and unsecured debentures trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (symbols DA.A and DA.DB.A, respectively).
Discovery Air Technical Services (DATS) is a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO 23-10) with a wide range of capabilities. We are authorized to perform maintenance and modifications on all U.S. registered aircraft as listed in the U.S./Canada bilateral agreement (Ref. CFR 43.17) and under EASA 145 (European Aviation Safety Agency).
Location: Montreal, QC
A subsidiary of DADS (GATE), an international MRO, is looking for an entry level Administrative Assistant to coordinate the administrative activities related to aircraft parts Repair and Overhaul as well as component procurement activities.
- Create and administer Purchase Orders (PO)
- Coordinate Repair Orders (RO) with suppliers
- Coordinate and submit supplier quotations for approval
- Coordinate shipping and receiving activities for parts being sent to, or received from suppliers
- Support Canadian export requirements
- Follow up with workshops on order progress and expected shipping dates
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Maintain various databases and performance metrics
- Word processing and data entry
- Document filing
- Fax and photocopying
- Ad hoc administrative tasks and special projects as required
As an employee, you will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
to work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations
to use personal protective equipment and clothing as directed by the employer
to report workplace hazards and dangers
to work in a manner as required by the employer and use the prescribed safety equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for interaction with subcontractors
- Valid Quebec driver’s licence and vehicle
- Willingness and resourcefulness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Positive, professional attitude and the ability to take initiative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills and solution oriented
- Ability to work both as part of a team independently
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Some travel may be required
- Must be able and willing to obtain “Secret” security clearance from the Canadian Government and access to the Controlled Goods Program
Discovery Air Defence Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Apply for the position
Every year, residents of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut pursuing an aviation-related career in the North can each receive one of 16 $5,000 scholarships from a fund sponsored by the NWT Department of Transportation, Nunavut Department of Economic Development and Transportation, Discovery Air, Keewatin Air, North-Wright Airways, and First Air. The scholarships are offered to full-time residents of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut (two year minimum residency - a combination of continuous residency in both territories would be accepted to meet the residency requirement) pursuing full-time aviation-related studies. The studies can be related to airline or airport operations or management, aircraft maintenance, and pilot training.
If you would like to concentrate on flying aircraft while knowing you are in the safest hands around, our team of maintainers will take care of all aspects of managing your fleet.
Discovery Air Fire Services operates with four divisions
Discovery Air Fire Services has been active in the aviation industry for over 60 years and is organized into four operating divisions; Fire, Charter, Imagery and Training.Read More
Discovery Air International was established to expand Discovery Air’s range of specialty aviation services domestically and internationally and will focus initially on executive charter, medevac and repatriation services out of Western Canada with its primary base and main operations based out of Calgary, Alberta.
The Northlinx Network brings together many of the GSH Aboriginal Joint-Venture Partnerships allowing all participants to benefit from pan-territorial mega-projects requiring helicopter services in the North. Presently there are twelve partnerships operating in this profitable model around the NWT and Nunavut. On top of that, Air Tindi has an additional four Aboriginal partnerships and Discovery Mining Services has two.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining Discovery Air you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
Discovery Aviation Academy is a flight school based in Sudbury, Ontario that offers many different types of pilot flight training to meet the needs of all aspiring aviators.