Headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, GSH and its group of companies is one of the largest helicopter operators in Canada.
Discovery Mining Services is a mining service and expediting company serving the needs of companies operating throughout Canada.
Air Tindi operates a diversified fleet of fixed-wing aircraft and offers air ambulance, tourism, cargo transport, charter flying and scheduled service across Canada’s north.
Discovery Air Defence Services is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Discovery Air Inc.’s Class A common voting shares and unsecured debentures trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (symbols DA.A and DA.DB.A, respectively).
Discovery Air Technical Services (DATS) is a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO 23-10) with a wide range of capabilities. We are authorized to perform maintenance and modifications on all U.S. registered aircraft as listed in the U.S./Canada bilateral agreement (Ref. CFR 43.17) and under EASA 145 (European Aviation Safety Agency).
Manager, Human Resources
Location: Yellowknife, NWT
Great Slave Helicopters has an exciting new opportunity open for a generalist with a proven track record of success to join our Human Resources team. This position will appeal to someone who enjoys being involved in a variety of projects, pioneering new operations and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The HR Manager will work in coordination and collaboration with the Northern Services Group and the Corporate HR team to design and develop policies, and programs that foster an “Employer of Choice” reputation and a foundation of compliance with federal and provincial employment standards and legislation. In addition, the Manager will further support employee relations, training, development, benefits, compensation and employment initiatives including:
- Manage the recruiting and selection process for all levels of the organization, from compiling selection criteria and job analysis to posting, interviewing, and making hire recommendations
- Assist in the development and implementation of programs that will drive increased employee satisfaction and commitment levels.
- Identify and initiate human resource process improvements
- Support the communication, reporting and related governance of employment regulations i.e. Canadian Labour Code, Occupational Health and Safety, Employment Equity, Pay Equity Legislation.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of company salary structure, documentation, and job evaluation systems.
- Competitive market analysis of compensation and benefit programs
- Conduct new employee orientations and reorientations as policies and benefits change.
- Maintain human resource data bases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems in conjunction with other HR personnel.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5-7 years previous experience in a similar human resources generalist role
- An HR designation with an in depth knowledge of the various employment legislation and related reporting requirements
- Strong communication skills
- A willingness to travel as may be necessary to support operations
- Previous experience within the aviation industry would be a definite asset
Apply for the position
Every year, residents of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut pursuing an aviation-related career in the North can each receive one of 16 $5,000 scholarships from a fund sponsored by the NWT Department of Transportation, Nunavut Department of Economic Development and Transportation, Discovery Air, Keewatin Air, North-Wright Airways, and First Air. The scholarships are offered to full-time residents of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut (two year minimum residency - a combination of continuous residency in both territories would be accepted to meet the residency requirement) pursuing full-time aviation-related studies. The studies can be related to airline or airport operations or management, aircraft maintenance, and pilot training.
If you would like to concentrate on flying aircraft while knowing you are in the safest hands around, our team of maintainers will take care of all aspects of managing your fleet.
Discovery Air Fire Services operates with four divisions
Discovery Air Fire Services has been active in the aviation industry for over 60 years and is organized into four operating divisions; Fire, Charter, Imagery and Training.Read More
Discovery Air International was established to expand Discovery Air’s range of specialty aviation services domestically and internationally and will focus initially on executive charter, medevac and repatriation services out of Western Canada with its primary base and main operations based out of Calgary, Alberta.
The Northlinx Network brings together many of the GSH Aboriginal Joint-Venture Partnerships allowing all participants to benefit from pan-territorial mega-projects requiring helicopter services in the North. Presently there are twelve partnerships operating in this profitable model around the NWT and Nunavut. On top of that, Air Tindi has an additional four Aboriginal partnerships and Discovery Mining Services has two.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining Discovery Air you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
Discovery Aviation Academy is a flight school based in Sudbury, Ontario that offers many different types of pilot flight training to meet the needs of all aspiring aviators.