Headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, GSH and its group of companies is one of the largest helicopter operators in Canada.
Discovery Mining Services is a mining service and expediting company serving the needs of companies operating throughout Canada.
Air Tindi operates a diversified fleet of fixed-wing aircraft and offers air ambulance, tourism, cargo transport, charter flying and scheduled service across Canada’s north.
Discovery Air Defence Services is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Discovery Air Inc.’s Class A common voting shares and unsecured debentures trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (symbols DA.A and DA.DB.A, respectively).
Discovery Air Technical Services (DATS) is a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO 23-10) with a wide range of capabilities. We are authorized to perform maintenance and modifications on all U.S. registered aircraft as listed in the U.S./Canada bilateral agreement (Ref. CFR 43.17) and under EASA 145 (European Aviation Safety Agency).
VP FinanceDepartment: Finance
Reports to: CFO
The VP Finance will be responsible for performing a range of functions including but not limited to:
Financial Reporting and Stewardship
- Ensure all financial and management reporting, including budgets and forecasts required for the Corporation and its subsidiaries, is delivered accurately and on a timely basis. Guide team members in meeting month end, quarterly and year-end financial reporting obligations;
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete accounting, budgeting and cash flow forecasting for the Corporation and its subsidiaries;
- Provide operational reports to the Senior leadership Team on a monthly basis;
- Clearly communicate financial information, plans and options to the Board of Directors to facilitate informed decision making.
- Ensure that a reliable system of internal controls is in place to adequately safeguard assets and provide with integrity accurate reporting on financial results.
- In support of Business Unit activities, prepare and/or review analysis as required;
- Coordinate and satisfy all auditor requirements as well as government audits and filings when required;
- Ensure compliance with respect to all income tax jurisdictions;
- Assist in the development and management of tax planning initiatives;
- Continually monitor and review accounting processes and procedures and recommend changes as appropriate to improve internal controls and/or efficiencies.
- Nurture the relationships within your area of responsibility and ensure that each member of the team understands his or her position, where they fit into the process, and assist in their growth and development;
- Be an active leader, setting the standard for each team member;
- Manage and mentor the accounting teams.
Qualifications:The following are the minimum requirements to be considered for this role:
- Designated CGA, or CA designation;
- Public Company reporting experience;
- 10+ years of experience in a corporate accounting role;
- Proven track record being a leader, managing and mentoring a team of Accounting and Finance professionals;
- Sound technical accounting knowledge related to asset management, cash flow forecasting, and financial and management reporting;
- Demonstrate flexibility and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Apply for the position
Every year, residents of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut pursuing an aviation-related career in the North can each receive one of 16 $5,000 scholarships from a fund sponsored by the NWT Department of Transportation, Nunavut Department of Economic Development and Transportation, Discovery Air, Keewatin Air, North-Wright Airways, and First Air. The scholarships are offered to full-time residents of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut (two year minimum residency - a combination of continuous residency in both territories would be accepted to meet the residency requirement) pursuing full-time aviation-related studies. The studies can be related to airline or airport operations or management, aircraft maintenance, and pilot training.
If you would like to concentrate on flying aircraft while knowing you are in the safest hands around, our team of maintainers will take care of all aspects of managing your fleet.
Discovery Air Fire Services operates with four divisions
Discovery Air Fire Services has been active in the aviation industry for over 60 years and is organized into four operating divisions; Fire, Charter, Imagery and Training.Read More
Discovery Air International was established to expand Discovery Air’s range of specialty aviation services domestically and internationally and will focus initially on executive charter, medevac and repatriation services out of Western Canada with its primary base and main operations based out of Calgary, Alberta.
The Northlinx Network brings together many of the GSH Aboriginal Joint-Venture Partnerships allowing all participants to benefit from pan-territorial mega-projects requiring helicopter services in the North. Presently there are twelve partnerships operating in this profitable model around the NWT and Nunavut. On top of that, Air Tindi has an additional four Aboriginal partnerships and Discovery Mining Services has two.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining Discovery Air you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
Discovery Aviation Academy is a flight school based in Sudbury, Ontario that offers many different types of pilot flight training to meet the needs of all aspiring aviators.