Discovery Air is a Tier One sponsor of the Discovery Air Hawk One Project – Celebrating 100 years of powered flight in Canada! To learn more, please visit www.hawkone.ca.
Headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Great Slave Helicopters and its group of companies is one of the largest helicopter operators in Canada.
Discovery Mining Services is a mining service and expediting company serving the needs of companies operating throughout Canada.
Air Tindi operates a diversified fleet of fixed-wing aircraft and offers air ambulance, tourism, cargo transport, charter flying and scheduled service across Canada’s north.
Discovery Air Defence Services is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Discovery Air Inc.’s Class A common voting shares and unsecured debentures trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (symbols DA.A and DA.DB.A, respectively).
Discovery Air Technical Services (DATS) is a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO 23-10) with a wide range of capabilities. We are authorized to perform maintenance and modifications on all U.S. registered aircraft as listed in the U.S./Canada bilateral agreement (Ref. CFR 43.17) and under EASA 145 (European Aviation Safety Agency).
Location: Calgary, AB
The Network Administrator is a professional with strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and remarkable technical skills. This individual will be responsible for providing administrative services to the two locations in Calgary and work with the rest of the IT team in supporting the over 800 Discovery Air staff.
You will be responsible for providing end-user support in the most efficient and courteous manner and contribute to all aspects of network administration.
- Support end user devices and peripherals locally and remotely
- Application software and hardware support, hardware troubleshooting
- Manage internal telephone, voice mail and conferencing systems
- Assist with remote Data Center operations
- Coordinate office relocations/additions/deletions
- Plan and conduct user-training sessions as required for new applications or policies
- Roll-out of hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of IT resources
- Manage projects according to budgets and schedules
- Assist in the analysis of business requirements and evaluation of hardware, software and network capabilities and compatibility to determine optimum IT solutions and configurations
- Perform technology needs analysis and ensure capacity requirements are forecasted appropriately and include power, reserve power and cooling
- Maintain IT asset inventory
- Document implemented systems, including drawings
- Maintain plans for all IT projects and activities
- Provide first level technical support for all incoming requests in a professional and courteous manner
- Analyze and diagnose problems to quickly arrive at workable solutions
- Research questions using a variety of manuals and resources
- Build and deploy laptops, desktops, tablets, mobile devices and other related devices
- Document resolutions for future reference
- Able to work on call rotation for after hour support
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel as needed
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following knowledge and qualifications:
- Ability to administer diverse environments including PC’s, laptops, tablets, phones and mobile devices
- Intel PC architecture (all generations)
- Network equipment and devices (Routers, Switches, etc.)
- Network architecture (WAN, LAN, WLAN, VPN, etc…) and IP protocols
- Microsoft product knowledge (Windows Server/Workstations)
- MS Exchange
- MS Office Suite, including Visio
- College degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 2 years+ of relevant user support experience
- Strong foundation in Windows XP & 7 and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes and Outlook within an end user support environment would be a definite asset
- Driven, self-motivated and a strong desire to learn and take on new challenges and projects
- Specialised certification is an asset (Microsoft, Cisco, A+ or other).
- MCP Certification, an asset
- Ability to demonstrate high level commitment to customer satisfaction by:
- Responding and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Understanding customer expectations and requirements
- Escalating outstanding questions and problems in a quick and timely manner
- Being able to understand customer applications and priorities on assigned system
- High discretion and good judgement
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Extremely well organized
- Strong communication skills in English, written and spoken. Bilingualism is an asset
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanour at all times
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle
Apply for the position
Both Great Slave Helicopters and Air Tindi are co-sponsors of the Government of the Northwest Territories Aviation Bursary Program that provides eight $5,000 scholarships to young Northerners looking to pursue a career in aviation within the NWT industry each year.
If you would like to concentrate on flying aircraft while knowing you are in the safest hands around, our team of maintainers will take care of all aspects of managing your fleet.
Discovery Air Fire Services operates with four divisions
Discovery Air Fire Services has been active in the aviation industry for over 60 years and is organized into four operating divisions; Fire, Charter, Imagery and Training.Read More
Discovery Air International was established to expand Discovery Air’s range of specialty aviation services domestically and internationally and will focus initially on executive charter, medevac and repatriation services out of Western Canada with its primary base and main operations based out of Calgary, Alberta.
The Northlinx Network brings together many of the Great Slave Helicopters Aboriginal Joint-Venture Partnerships allowing all participants to benefit from pan-territorial mega-projects requiring helicopter services in the North. Presently there are twelve partnerships operating in this profitable model around the NWT and Nunavut. On top of that, Air Tindi has an additional four Aboriginal partnerships and Discovery Mining Services has two.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining Discovery Air you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
Discovery Aviation Academy is a flight school based in Sudbury, Ontario that offers many different types of pilot flight training to meet the needs of all aspiring aviators.